Author Topic: Increase BG badge reward  (Read 87 times)

Kuro

• Drops
    • View Profile
Increase BG badge reward
« on: May 10, 2020, 12:42:02 AM »
Type of Suggestion:
Other

Suggestion Details:
As it stands, you get 3 badges for losing or tying and 9 badges for winning. This is incredibly paltry and would take ages given the current server population to even purchase a single Siege item, let alone the siege supplies needed to actually be competitive. 3 badges isn't even enough to cover pots used to try and survive, 9 badges is barely enough to cover pots leaving the winning team keeping 1-3 badges per win and the losing team being at a constant loss of battlegrounds badges if they buy supplies using tokens. If you double or even triple the rewards it might be worth it, but as it stands, battlegrounds isn't worth the investment of time to get siege gear as it is a unimaginably difficult uphill battle for even moderately geared players. Maybe even add BG consumables to the midgard coin shop so players can buy BG pots without having to do BG without pots...because your first few rounds of BG you won't have any BG badges yet :(

How this suggestion would benefit ReverieRO:
It would draw more people to BG.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 12:56:06 AM by Kuro »

Combusttion

• Drops
    • View Profile
  • Discord: Combusttion#7096
  • IGN: Yisen
Re: Increase BG badge reward
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 12:50:07 AM »
+1

luxidity

• Wiki Editor
  • Contributor
  • Drops
    • View Profile
  • Discord: Nicholas Kribocakes#5861
  • IGN: Luxidity
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 12:54:16 AM »
My thoughts on this is I love the idea of gears being cheaper (maybe not all the big ones like senses or celebration ring), but Im unsure about the consumables. Honestly, Im keen to the idea of having PvP gear freely accessible to all players, with perhaps higher tier gear purchasable over time or even granted through achievements (e.g. # of kills, amount of HP healed, crystals broken, etc...). I think that by granting players standard issue gear, more people will be able and willing to play PvP game modes without having to farms a bunch of new gear for the class.

Physicx

• Drops
  • IGN: Suiken
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 01:02:08 AM »
I would like to +1 this suggestion.
With how much BG is being played on the server, the BG gear is hard to obtain. After playing BG for awhile, I can confidently say that we should start making some slight adjustments to badges. At this moment, if you want to keep up with BG, the pots you have to buy put you really far back in progress. After 2-3 hours of farming in BG I could make about 20-30 badges. This is me personally and of course it's because I play champ and I need a lot of blues. If I don't buy blues, I'd probably lose a majority of my games anyway, resulting in about 20-30 badges gained. I've been BGing as often as possible since I've joined the server. I almost have 250 badges. Siege suits are 500.
Here are some of my ideas as to how we could possibly make some adjustments:

*Increase badges gained per game (which I think would be appropriate now that it's 4v4 instead of 3v3)
*Increase the amount of pots you get per 1 badge. 1 coin = 150 white pots, etc. This makes it so more of your coins can be allocated towards something you're actually saving up for. I know it's triple the amount that is given now, but because these pots are ONLY usable in BG, It's a fair amount.
*Readjust prices in the shop.
*Allow BG only pots to be useable in woe to incentivize guilds spamming BG before woe to farm supplies. (and increase the amt of pots you get per 1 badge)
*Any combination of above

I'd like to get your guys' feedback about these options.

Kuro

• Drops
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 01:18:33 AM »
I would like to +1 this suggestion.
With how much BG is being played on the server, the BG gear is hard to obtain. After playing BG for awhile, I can confidently say that we should start making some slight adjustments to badges. At this moment, if you want to keep up with BG, the pots you have to buy put you really far back in progress. After 2-3 hours of farming in BG I could make about 20-30 badges. This is me personally and of course it's because I play champ and I need a lot of blues. If I don't buy blues, I'd probably lose a majority of my games anyway, resulting in about 20-30 badges gained. I've been BGing as often as possible since I've joined the server. I almost have 250 badges. Siege suits are 500.
Here are some of my ideas as to how we could possibly make some adjustments:

*Increase badges gained per game (which I think would be appropriate now that it's 4v4 instead of 3v3)
*Increase the amount of pots you get per 1 badge. 1 coin = 150 white pots, etc. This makes it so more of your coins can be allocated towards something you're actually saving up for. I know it's triple the amount that is given now, but because these pots are ONLY usable in BG, It's a fair amount.
*Readjust prices in the shop.
*Allow BG only pots to be useable in woe to incentivize guilds spamming BG before woe to farm supplies. (and increase the amt of pots you get per 1 badge)
*Any combination of above

I'd like to get your guys' feedback about these options.

+1 to this, but obviously make slims and ranked slims heal more than the bg pots. A lot of successful servers with thriving pvp environments do this and with how easy it is to get mvp cards, having pots to be able to survive buffed mvp carded players onslaughts would be very nice.

MaggieS

• Drops
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2020, 03:13:02 AM »
+1

Rinsanity

• Wiki Editor
  • Contributor
  • Drops
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Rinsanity
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2020, 05:01:40 PM »
+1

Lavenblade

• Drops
    • View Profile
  • Discord: Lavenblade#9240
  • IGN: Lavenblade
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2020, 10:52:30 AM »
+1, not much to add here. I am in agreement with everything @Physicx suggested. Those are all solid looking changes to BG. I would personally love for BG to become both more active and accessible. Implementing these changes will do that.

Simone

• Server Owner
  • Administrator
  • Marin
    • View Profile
  • Discord: Simone#7008
  • IGN: Simone
  • Guild: ReverieRO Staff
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2020, 11:36:46 AM »
Hi! Thank you for the suggestion!

Before anything else, I believe it deserves to be said that the current prizes and badge accumulation were all put in place when our community was still about ~40 active players (vendors included). It is only appropriate that we make adjustments based on the server's increasing population, especially now that some players are confident enough with their level and gear-set to explore more PK themed events/games.  Seeing how the majority of the comments are of members in favor and the feedback provided is all very reasonable to me, I have no arguments why not to approve a change of some sorts.

So, as starters, expect more badges to be granted within the next updates.  Bare in mind here that this is by no means a promise of +50 badges per game and it may also entail a (small) raise in prices in the consumables that are not restricted to the Battlegrounds.  Further elaboration may be necessary in the future but we believe it best to take it easy and tread one step at a time until we find a comfortable spot. :)

Moving to pending.

Simone

• Server Owner
  • Administrator
  • Marin
    • View Profile
  • Discord: Simone#7008
  • IGN: Simone
  • Guild: ReverieRO Staff
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 01:20:02 PM »
With the BG Happy Hours applied during today's maintenance, BG potion boxes providing more pots than before, as well as a minor increase in the Battle Badges outside of Happy Hours, we consider this processed.

Moving to Implemented~