Author Topic: Implementing WoE 2.0 Castle  (Read 273 times)

Physicx

• Poporing
  • IGN: Suiken
    • View Profile
Implementing WoE 2.0 Castle
« on: May 17, 2020, 05:03:30 AM »
Type of Suggestion:
Other

Suggestion Details:
Replacing the current woe castle with a Woe 2.0 Castle. This solves a few issues:

*Idling for rewards issues in woe: People have been complaining about the whole defending in woe issue won't give you any badges cause you're standing even though you're casting skills or whatever. In a Woe2.0 castle even the defending teams have to move around a lot, so it's less prominent of an issue

*Skills like loki's veil, etc won't even be an issue or even part of the argument anymore.

*There are several more offensive options for attacking guilds since they don't just warp into a choke point

*WoE 2.0 has a better format for GvG. The current woe castle doesn't really fit the server layout. Since the castle was designed to hold huge GvGs with several guilds and different defensive points, it's really fun to woe with trans classes, especially if the lvls are 150 max and we have stuff like mvp cards and bradium accessories, etc

*Which brings me to this next point, with woe 2.0 we could actually allow mvp cards for a bit for this type of woe castle, since there are then even more defensive/offensive options you can get more creative with how you approach a scenario.

*It's hard to break defense in these current castle styles because of the whole warping into choke point options, so it's stupidly easy to set up a defense that could be really hard to break through, which means the attacking guild would always be at a disadvantage

How this suggestion would benefit ReverieRO:
I'd love to hear your thoughts about this, negative or positive. I know it's only been 3 woes and it's kind of a small sample size, but I still want to pitch this idea out for the hell of it, because after last woe, people had a LOT of concerns and opinions on what they think should happen on this server. None of which were posted on the forum for further discussion.

Lavenblade

• Drops
    • View Profile
  • Discord: Lavenblade#9240
  • IGN: Lavenblade
Re: Implementing WoE 2.0 Castle
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 07:51:50 AM »
I really like the idea of transitioning to WoE 2.0. I prefer more of a GvG style WoE anyways.

luxidity

• Drops
    • View Profile
  • Discord: Nicholas Kribocakes#5861
  • IGN: Luxidity
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 09:18:14 AM »
I welcome the idea of this change. I dont like how current WoE functions with 1 spawn that can very easily be camped.

MaggieS

• Drops
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 11:34:13 AM »
I agree, Woe could be more fun and entertaining.

Buliel

• Drops
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 11:51:32 AM »
Ooh, I miss WoE 2.0. So much more room to maneuver and the strat options that are available. Definitely +1 to this.

Rinsanity

• Wiki Editor
  • Contributor
  • Drops
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Rinsanity
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 07:49:22 PM »
This is a good idea to spice things up, so +1 to this suggestion.

Kuro

• Drops
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2020, 09:36:52 PM »
Barricades were meant to be broken by 3rd class skills like Rolling Cutter, 100spear, Ignition Break, Feint Bomb etc.; we lack a spammable method capable of removing barricades in a sensible enough span of time to out damage sanctuary healing them. This is a pre-renewal limitation of skill selection. They aren't properly lined up so that you can hit them all with Sharpshooting or Grimtooth, but both of those skills can be easily blocked by pneuma and the damage other people are doing to them can be easily healed with Sanctuary spamming. Simply put, the barricades would have to be revised in order to make taking a 2.0 castle realistic.

emcrty

• Drops
    • View Profile
  • Discord: Dax
  • IGN: DaxTwo
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2020, 07:03:29 AM »
+1 to this post

Physicx

• Poporing
  • IGN: Suiken
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2020, 02:26:53 PM »
Barricades were meant to be broken by 3rd class skills like Rolling Cutter, 100spear, Ignition Break, Feint Bomb etc.; we lack a spammable method capable of removing barricades in a sensible enough span of time to out damage sanctuary healing them. This is a pre-renewal limitation of skill selection. They aren't properly lined up so that you can hit them all with Sharpshooting or Grimtooth, but both of those skills can be easily blocked by pneuma and the damage other people are doing to them can be easily healed with Sanctuary spamming. Simply put, the barricades would have to be revised in order to make taking a 2.0 castle realistic.

Just make it take plant damage not healable by sanc and you can spam LoV, SS or AS, meteor assault boom done.

Chael

• Drops
    • View Profile
  • Discord: Chael
  • IGN: Chael
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2020, 04:14:52 AM »
Yes I agree WoE SE is good instead the WoE 1.0 Castles

Simone

• Server Owner
  • Administrator
  • Angeling
    • View Profile
  • Discord: Simone#7008
  • IGN: Simone
  • Guild: ReverieRO Staff
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2020, 06:38:14 AM »
Thank you for the suggestion!

How delightful to see members from different guilds responding to this suggestion favorably. Unfortunately transitioning to a 2.0 castle is too short notice to arrange before the next maintenance, however it is certainly something we're going to explore for an update in the near future... ;)

Moving to Pending~