Author Topic: Ghostring Card  (Read 201 times)

emcrty

• Drops
    • View Profile
  • Discord: Dax
  • IGN: DaxTwo
Ghostring Card
« on: June 24, 2020, 10:55:31 PM »
Type of Suggestion:
Item(s)

Suggestion Details:
Make Ghostring Card (or any card that does not work on monsters) work on monsters.

How this suggestion would benefit ReverieRO:
Since this is pretty much a 99% PVM server, might as well utilize its effects. Especially now that players are starting to do harder maps like Bio4 and other possible future implementations.

Rinsanity

• Wiki Editor
  • Contributor
  • Drops
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Rinsanity
Re: Ghostring Card
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 08:49:31 AM »
+1 it would be useful for anything PvM related!

Simone

• Server Owner
  • Administrator
  • Angeling
    • View Profile
  • Discord: Simone#7008
  • IGN: Simone
  • Guild: ReverieRO Staff
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 10:17:14 AM »
Thank you for the suggestion. The team would like more feedback on the matter.

Buliel

• Drops
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 11:38:08 PM »
+1. I was surprised when I tested GR card against bio lab 4 Chen, and it did absolutely nothing to reduce the asura strike damage.

I know it doesn't work on mobs normal attacks, but it feels like it should at least work on skills that are forced neutral (Such as Asura Strike).

Physicx

• Poporing
  • IGN: Suiken
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 02:00:41 AM »
IMO if GR worked on normal pvm attacks, it would be like running around tanking things as if you had steel body on 24/7. It's kinda nuts, and I'm mentioning this since I was on a server that allowed GR to work. Granted it was really hard to get since it was 0.01% and you didn't run into much anyone that had one.

In any case, I would like to modify your suggestion to keep things balance, allow GR to still be viable in pvm without making it a must for pvm. I'd say allow GR to work on forced neutral skills such meteor assault, asura strike, spiral pierce, etc. but not work on regular normal attacks. This way it could be treated like a swap as well (much like how it's suppose to be used in a pvp setting)

And since we aren't new to the idea of customizing and adding cards, maybe to help Dax's position out, add an armor card that would be really worthwhile to use in PVM since he's right, a lot of this server content is oriented around PVM. Maybe add a card that adds +x amount of hard def. That helps a lot with PVM. And there's a lot of mvps out there that don't drop cards that you could possibly slap one on like Gopinich.

Your opinions on both ideas Buliel and Dax?

Buliel

• Drops
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 04:45:32 PM »
IMO if GR worked on normal pvm attacks, it would be like running around tanking things as if you had steel body on 24/7. It's kinda nuts, and I'm mentioning this since I was on a server that allowed GR to work. Granted it was really hard to get since it was 0.01% and you didn't run into much anyone that had one.

In any case, I would like to modify your suggestion to keep things balance, allow GR to still be viable in pvm without making it a must for pvm. I'd say allow GR to work on forced neutral skills such meteor assault, asura strike, spiral pierce, etc. but not work on regular normal attacks. This way it could be treated like a swap as well (much like how it's suppose to be used in a pvp setting)

And since we aren't new to the idea of customizing and adding cards, maybe to help Dax's position out, add an armor card that would be really worthwhile to use in PVM since he's right, a lot of this server content is oriented around PVM. Maybe add a card that adds +x amount of hard def. That helps a lot with PVM. And there's a lot of mvps out there that don't drop cards that you could possibly slap one on like Gopinich.

Your opinions on both ideas Buliel and Dax?

Well.

1- As I mentioned, I'm definitely all for the idea of GR being able to reduce dmg from forced neutral skills. It makes sense there, and wouldn't feel that OP, I think.
2- I like the idea, but there are some renewal cards that already increases hard def. Comodo card gives +4 hard def but -25 flee for example. Hardrock mammoth card also gives hard def as well (Better than Comodo but harder to get).

Prayce

• Drops
  • Riem Alorei, Miur, Miri, Sinshae, Fraesha, Lynai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2020, 10:21:43 AM »
+1. I agree.
Other ladies: Riem Alorei, Miur, Miri, Sinshae, Fraesha, Lynai, Dolameestra