Author Topic: Market - Universal Arms Dealer  (Read 42 times)

Mr Bourbon

• Drops
    • View Profile
  • Discord: Bonovham
  • IGN: Mr Bourbon
Market - Universal Arms Dealer
« on: August 01, 2020, 06:05:18 AM »
Type of Suggestion:
Item(s)

Suggestion Details:
An NPC that either resides in town or the @go market area. This NPC would sell low to medium level weapons without slots for all jobs, not just the Prontera centric jobs in the weapon shop.

How this suggestion would benefit ReverieRO:
A question I receive in town is new players asking where they can buy weapons for their class. This is especially common on Expanded classes such as Ninja and Gunslinger, occasionally Archer and Assassins.

Gunslinger, Archer, Assassin and Ninja arms dealers are difficult to locate for new players, as they may have never played these jobs before. Fortunately the Novice Paw helps with this somewhat and I assume the Nori quest gives a low level weapon already (For Gunslinger/Ninja), but when it comes time to buy a better weapon like a Hunting Bow, Garrison or a basic Jamadhar, if you don't know where to go, you'll have trouble progressing.

This idea would help reduce confusion for new players and make the game a little more accessible, also makes it a ton easier to explain where to go to find these things.

Destiny

• Head GM
  • Drops
    • View Profile
  • IGN: GM Destiny
Re: Market - Universal Arms Dealer
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 01:33:02 PM »
Hey Mr Bourbon,

Thanks for submitting this suggestion. I think that centralizing or making it more easily accessible some equipment sold by NPCs is a good idea. I do agree with you that for a total novice finding the NPC vendor for certain kind of items/equipment is not necessarily easy. Let's see if we can get more feedback on this from other players.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 02:18:03 PM by Destiny »

Physicx

• Poporing
  • IGN: Suiken
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 05:18:18 PM »
I like this suggestion. I get annoyed with people asking me where to get them, but I can't imagine how annoyed those actual players are. Make their time easier. If we're not giving them a good handful of newbie gear sets to start off with, let's at least make a centralized spot to get basic gear from.

Rinsanity

• Wiki Editor
  • Contributor
  • Drops
    • View Profile
  • IGN: Rinsanity
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 08:48:35 AM »
+1, as what Physicx said.

Simone

• Server Owner
  • Administrator
  • Angeling
    • View Profile
  • Discord: Simone#7008
  • IGN: Simone
  • Guild: ReverieRO Staff
« Reply #4 on: Today at 05:13:10 AM »
Hello. Thank you for the suggestion! Agreed and can't see any reason why not to do this.

Pending for tomorrow. ~