Author Topic: Increasing Earth Dungeon Drop Rates  (Read 161 times)

Physicx

• Poporing
  • IGN: Suiken
    • View Profile
Increasing Earth Dungeon Drop Rates
« on: September 12, 2020, 09:36:00 AM »
Type of Suggestion:
Item(s)

Suggestion Details:
Currently, earth dungeon is ridiculously low value to farm (as it is now with only 1 floor).

My suggestion is to increase the carnelian set (shoes, shield, garment, armor) as well as the stone age book and missing link up to at LEAST 0.5%. Right now it's sitting at 0.1%

A couple of reasons for this.
The first being that in wind dungeon and water dungeon, the drop rates of the multitude of amazing gear there range from  0.5% to 51%. The very lowest being 0.5%.
https://reveriero.com/wiki/index.php/Custom_Equipment
It does not make sense to make earth dungeon have it's gear drops at 0.1%, it's super inconsistent.

The other reasoning for it is that earth dungeon is extremely hard to run through by yourself, so you're forced to go with a party (mainly due to the fact that you can not teleport in this dungeon). Farming these gears are extremely hard in the first place because of these restrictions on the dungeon and the low drop rate (and spawn rate of half hound), the decent gear there are quite out of reach and not worth it.

And once you do somehow farm these gear, you're only able to equip them on extended classes. This should be gear that would make them relevant (not strong, just relevant), and yet it's the hardest item on the server to obtain. This would deter any would-be extended class players further, since obviously the idea of gearing up is to find what is best in slot.

How this suggestion would benefit ReverieRO:
Earth dungeon is not worth running through right now. Even if it's just the 1st floor, make it worth it and rewarding.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 06:14:37 PM by Physicx »

Prayce

• Drops
  • Riem Alorei, Miur, Miri, Sinshae, Fraesha, Lynai
    • View Profile
Re: Increasing Earth Dungeon Drop Rates
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 02:41:32 AM »
I agree with this. I think that is one of the problems with end game content that I spoke about with updating rods and wands. The sentiment of which is ultimately: I want content that is challenging but worth the effort.
Other ladies: Riem Alorei, Miur, Miri, Sinshae, Fraesha, Lynai, Dolameestra

Wulf

• Drops
  • (picks up an orange) (picks up an orange) (picks u
    • View Profile
  • Discord: Wulf#1584
  • IGN: Albein, Alm Rudolf II
  • Guild: Consider the Orange
  • IGN (Alt): charas w role 'Bitter Orange' in guild
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 03:09:05 AM »
+1, especially to the comparisons with water and wind dungeon. It'll ultimately feel fairer if the drops are similar to that, especially considering how difficult it is to farm in earth dungeon, let alone stay alive long enough to do it (and with a party).

Buliel

• Drops
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 05:16:37 PM »
+1. With a decent party, it is possible to survive earth dungeon fairly good enough. But the 0.10% drop rates of some gear just saps our will away as most of the monsters take a lot of hits to kill. The half-hound monster in particular only has 2 of it's kind in the first floor and his drop is also a 0.10%.

And considering you can't use teleport in this dungeon, this adds to the difficulty of farming those drops.